- Touching Lives 4 Jesus is granting a scholarship of $1,000 for students’ pursuing an undergraduate degree of any program type, awarding period May 2023.
- High school seniors in Gwinnett County may apply if needing housing financial assistance for Fall semester of 2023.
- Gwinnett based college-level students enrolled in a 4-year University may apply.
- Applicants must have a strong and consistent GPA of 3.75 within the college year of the grant.
- Application deadline is January 31, 2023.
The purpose of this scholarship is to support and encourage academic college students that need financial assistance with their educational needs, in this case, housing expenses.
The Hummingbird Scholarship Fund was established in honor of Shakiyla De'Von Sample.
Shakiyla, 29, was a victim of criminal violence. On September 20, 2021, Shakiyla was killed by gunshot at the hands of a man she barely knew for two weeks.
On the day of her death, she appeared to me as a beautiful green and blue hummingbird. Hummingbirds' symbolism biblically means connected to death but not in a negative way. They are seen as messengers from heaven, bringing good news from the one who passed.
The hummingbird's metaphysical meaning demonstrates how to get over bad experiences, referencing we should live in the present rather than thinking of the past; it symbolizes death means that the one who departed is happy now and you should be too - Shakiyla blessed me showing up in the supernatural as a Hummingbird.
- The applicant must be a college-level student providing certified proof of enrollment in a four-year accredited university or technical school.
- Provide transcripts proving a cumulative minimum 3.75 unweighted GPA.
- Maintain full-time enrollment of twelve credit hours or more per term if enrolled in college.
- The applicant must be in a declared major in line with Marketing, Management, and/or Finance.
- Demonstrate passion for community development, helping people of all ethnicities. strong moral character, and leadership qualities.
- Complete a one-page essay addressing the following questions. What are the signs of violent tendencies? Is domestic violence a mental health issue? Describe techniques to learn self-awareness and self-development.
- The essay must address the questions stated within the paragraph, and 150-word minimum. (Longer responses are encouraged)
- The winning recipient of The Hummingbird Scholarship will be selected based upon demonstration of superior scholastic achievement, strong leadership ability, involvement in the community or workforce, outstanding moral character, and commitment to pursuing a future career within desired academic fields.
One (1) Scholarship will be awarded annually and disbursed in August to the school that they are attending or their housing property.
The scholarship will be a one-time award of S1,000. Award winners may not reapply, but family members may apply.
January 31, 2023
How to Apply:
None scheduled at this time.